Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Black Sheep Cafe

Black Sheep Café
19 North University Ave
Provo, UT

Black Sheep has a wonderful, unique menu and that's what I liked most about it. Their menu is always changing and the newness of the favors is refreshing.

What We Got...

Cactus Pear Lemonade
The bright pink and purple hues of the lemonade are intriguing and make you want to try it. It is made in house. I was expecting a unique flavor but it just tasted like normal lemonade.

Blue Burger with Southwestern Street Corn
Blue cheese in the middle with bacon and onions. It was a good burger. The street corn was a cob of corn with parmesan cheese and a little kick of spice. We tried a few sweet potato fries off our friend's plate and I wish we had gotten them instead. They were the best sweet potato fries I've ever had.
 

Hog Jowl Blue Corn Tacos with Beans and Rice
This dish won best of State. The waitress said it would be life changing and really sold us. It was very colorful with purple cabbage and blue corn tortillas. The meat was seasoned perfectly but the beans are what I would rave more about. We licked the bean bowl clean! They were good. I think because waitress talked them up so much I was a little disappointed. I won't go as far as saying they were life changing but they were good.




















Service...
Green light service. Our waitress was nice and sold us on the "life changing" hog jowl tacos. My only complaint, and no restaurant owner would call this a complaint, is she talked up the tacos too much, and my expectations after her pitch weren't met. ( I know, I know it's her job and she is doing a good job, but I just regret not getting the Navajo Tacos!)

Overall...
Yellow-Green Light Restaurant. I give it a yellow-green because I left wishing I had ordered
differently. I thought our entrees were ok and the sides (refried beans and sweet potato fries) were more life changing. I think this is backwards. But, because of the unique menu and tastefully thought out dishes it makes me want to come back. I wish I would have gotten the Navajo tacos because once I saw them come out I regretted my decision. The fry bread looked yummy. Oh well, I'm going to give it another shot because I know exactly what I want to order and I'll be sure to order the navajo tacos.

Scale Rating Descriptions

Green Light: I'll be coming through all the time, call me a regular, recommend to everyone and all, I'll crave this place when I'm pregnant, loved it!


Yellow Light: I'll be slow to go through,  I'd go back if someone suggested it,  nothing special, not something I'm going to crave, it was ok.


Red Light: STOP! Don't go, tried it once and that's enough, warn people not to go, thinking about it brings back bad memories, didn't like it.
 
Black Sheep Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment