Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Apple Bacon Meatloaf

I was in a hurry again to make dinner (nothing unusual) and I wanted to experiment with my regular, throw together meatloaf. I had ground turkey and decided to add apples and bacon which made for one DELICIOUS meatloaf.  The apple in it made it so moist. I can safely say, it's the best meatloaf I have ever eaten.

Forgive my meatloaf photography. Meatloaf isn't very photogenic, and I'm not a photographer. Thus, the pictures don't do it justice. Take my word for it, this is a recipe you will want to try.


Apple Bacon Meatloaf
20 oz Ground Turkey 85% lean or higher
1/2 cup Apple, chopped (I used golden delicious)
1/4 cup Bacon Pieces, about 3-4 strips of cooked bacon
1 Egg
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, which is about 1 slice of bread crumbled up
1/2 cup Salsa
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Cheese, shredded
11/2 Tbsp Worshishire Sauce
1 tsp. Tony's Seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together. I make sure my hands are nice and clean and knead everything together.

3. Shape and place in a loaf pan. Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes.

4. After 30 minutes take out of the oven and sprinkle the top with a little cheese and a few extra bacon pieces.

5. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

6. Take out of the oven and drain the excess grease before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment