This would make a great Valentine's breakfast or check out Jen's Valentine Crepes for another fun idea.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 cups frosted flakes, crushed fine or coarse whatever you prefer
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 pieces of bread
- 2oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 6 strawberries to cut up and put in the middle
Makes 2 servings
1. Crush frosted flakes and put them into a pan big enough to dip the bread into. I used a cake pan. Add the cinnamon to the frosted flakes.
2. In another pan, mix your eggs milk and almond extract. Now you're dipping station is ready. Before you start to dip the bread, heat up your frying pan.
3. A good trick is to use one hand to do all the dipping so you have one clean hand. Take your bread and dip both sides into the egg mixture. Then dip both sides into the frosted flakes.
4. Place the coated piece of bread into the frying pan and cook on both sides until golden brown.
5. For the filling, blend together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and strawberry chunks.
6. Now to stuff. Spread the strawberry cream cheese filling in between two pieces of cooked French toast, just like you would a peanut butter sandwich. Before you close the sandwich don't forget to add slices of strawberry.
6. I fanned a strawberry on top and dusted it with powdered sugar for a little extra birthday touch.
7. Don't forget the maple syrup and enjoy!