Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baked Italian Shrimp

So I saw a picture floating around Pinterest of a pan of baked shrimp that looked amazing. Yesterday I bought the shrimp to make it, followed the link, and it took me to the most random site ever. No cooking whatsover. SO.... not wanting to waste the shrimp, I created my own recipe! And it was great! My two year old daughter agreed. "Mmm, yummy mommy" were her exact words. I love the critiques of a two year old.

One thing I love about seafood is it's so fast to cook. It's great for our family where my husband and I both work full time and the last thing I want to do during the week is spend a couple hours in the kitchen. (The weekends are another matter, then it's my sanctuary.) This entire dinner came together in 20 minutes. Couldn't get better than that!


Baked Italian Shrimp

1-2 lbs fresh or thawed shrimp, peeled, deviened, tails on (I buy them this way to save time)
4 Tbsp butter
1 packet Italian dressing mix
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 lemons, sliced

Heat oven to 350°. Place butter on a cookie sheet and place in oven. When butter has melted remove from oven and lay lemon slices all over. Place shrimp on top of that. Shake Italian dressing mix on top of that. Drizzle a little olive oil over the entire pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes.


You'll notice my pan has plenty of space left over. I bought 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp but if you're serving more people you could probably fit double that. I served this with cheddar garlic biscuits (aka Red Lobster rolls), a green salad and pineapple. Delish!

If you loved this recipe, hop on over to Recipe Magic and rate it using this button:

8 comments:

  1. It looks good - and it sound like you cut the butter a bit from the pinterest recipe with good success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so mouthwatering!
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza!
    Come back today and vote for your favorite and maybe get a spot on my Wall of Fame!
    Here is the link: http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/october-31st-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your link on Six Sisters. I make something similar but on top of the stove. I love the idea of baking. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious. Perfect fall recipe! I would love to have you come share some of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). We’ve also got a fun “Favorite Things” giveaway going on right now. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good!!!

    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com I have a recipe section as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am practically drooling over here! ;) lol These look amazing! I am so going to be trying this as soon as possible!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete