Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cubby's

Cubby’s
258 N State St
Provo, UT 84604


Signature Chicago Beef. Because of their location and the lack of good restaurants in the area, besides Kneaders, Cubby's would be one of the best lunch options in this area of Provo. I liked the decor with  the menu chalked up on the wall and wood panels, giving it a barn feel.


What We Got..
On the menu, there are multiple options to add to your sandwich. Different sauces, girl, boy, or man peppers. Man, being the spiciest. I like when I'm able to control how much spice I get!


The Bad Boy BBQ Beef ($4.99)-Shredded Italian beef with a mixture of their homemade BBQ sauces, spices, pickles, on a homemade bun. Nothing fancy, but tasty.  The beef was finely shredded. It was almost like melt in your mouth beef jerky, if that makes sense.  The beef was so soft and tender, that even my 6 month snuck a taste. It was actually his first man meat eating experience, so Cubby’s will always hold a tender spot in his milestone calendar.

The Original “Mr. Beef”($6.99)- Signature Italian beef with thin slices of seasoned roast beef topped with our famous giardiniera on a Italian-style roll that is dipper in our secret famous sauce.  Basically…beef meets beef.  It had a mild oil vinegar taste that was unique. We got our peppers boy style (the only option that day)


Service..
This is an order and pay place.  They were fairly busy but we got our food really quick.  I noticed multiple people come in and take out a bag full of sandwiches.  I'm guessing because they are located across from the hospital and Central Utah Clinic, it would be a yummy choice for lunch meetings.

Overall..
Yellow light. I enjoyed the food and if someone wanted to go again I would, but it’s not something I’m going to be craving next time I’m pregnant. The prices were awesome!


Scale Rating Descriptions
Green Light: I'll be coming through all the time, call me a regular, recommend to everyone and all, I"ll crave this place when I'm pregnant, loved it!

Yellow Light: I'll be slow to go through,  I'd go back if someone suggested it,  nothing special, not something I'm going to crave, it was ok.

Red Light: STOP! Don't go, tried it once and that's enough, warn people not to go, thinking about it brings back bad memories, didn't like it.
Cubby's Chicago Beef on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment