Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What's in the Fridge Hash

It's the week of Thanksgiving, which means I'm trying to clear my fridge out as much as possible in preparation for the yummy goodness that will be happening. So in a random surplus of energy I decided to whip up a hash for lunch for my friend and I. Oh my goodness it was good. Totally hit the spot and I will definitely be making this regularly! I love hash's too because they are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

This one I used a leftover baked potato, onion, red pepper, orange pepper, eggs, and bacon. All of which needed to be used up about last week. Seriously, my peppers were as shriveled as an elephants skin and my bacon was a week past its best by date. But it's all good cause I'm still alive and not sick so I'm assuming it was fine!


What's in the Fridge Hash

1 baked potato, cooled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 onion, diced
1/2-1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2-1 orange bell pepper, diced
4 eggs
12 oz bacon, cut up
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese
(Seriously try whatever you want in here! As long as you have a potato or sweet potato)

Heat oven to 350°. Sauté bacon over medium heat. Remove from pan and drain all the grease except a couple tablespoons. Sauté peppers and onion. Add diced potato and sauté another couple minutes. Salt and pepper. Add bacon and stir. Make four little wells and crack the eggs into each one. Break the yolk if you like hard eggs or leave intact if not. Salt and pepper. Put the pan in the oven (wrap the handle with foil if it is not oven safe) and bake for about 5-10 minutes depending on desired doneness of the eggs. Top with shredded cheese. Ta da! Another fast meal that the family will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment