Today is my BIRTHDAY! Yay! So to celebrate I am posting one of my FAVORITE cakes! It's absolutely wonderful! Rich, dark, and seductive: everything you want in a man...... And cake.
I actually made this cake when my gluten-free sister-in-law came over for New Year's and I decided it was the perfect time to make it. It is rich, chocolatey, dense, and delightful! I love the brownie texture and the whipped cream with a little sour cream made it taste slightly cheesecake-y. This is definitely a cake I will be making over and over and over and over again! It's seriously good. And really simple. Try it, I know you'll love it!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for the pan and dusting
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with ¼ cup of the heavy cream over medium-low heat until the butter is melted. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder; whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until puffed and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before unmolding.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with the sour creme and confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Dust the cake with cocoa powder and serve with the whipped cream.
If you loved this recipe, please rate it by clicking on the Magic button.