Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pat's BBQ

Pat's BBQ
155 W. Commonwealth Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

There is nothing fancy about Pat’s. Picnic tables fill the restaurant, and there is no need to hire a dishwasher.  Everything is served on paper plates with plastic utensils giving it a true picnic feel.  You would never know they were featured on the Food Network, except for the nice pig sign outside.


One of the main reason I wanted to go to Pat’s was because it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The smoked meatloaf was the star on the show and I had to order it.   I’m glad I did because it was the best thing we ordered by far!  At each table there was 3 different types of BBQ sauces to choose from.  I usually ask for a side of BBQ for dipping so I liked having my own bottle at the table.


What we got...

When I go for bbq I go straight for the ribs. I did this time too, along with every other item on the menu.
Ok, not really but between my husband and I, we split 3 meals.

1/4 rack ribs ($9.89)- The ribs are smoked and seasoned in a secret rub. I like the meat to fall off the ribs, but I had to yank the meat off the ribs.  I am picky on the amount of fat that is on my meat and the ribs had too much for my liking.

Side- The side salad was just that, a side salad. The corn bread was cold, and I like it warm/hot out of the oven with melty butter, so I wasn't a fan.



Smoked meatloaf ($11.29)- I  had to try the meatloaf because it was featured on the food network. There's a good reason why.  The meatloaf was a nice change from the everyday smoked meats. It makes me wonder what other foods would be good smoked? Maybe mac n' cheese?!

Sides-The mashed potatoes and gravy were bland as well as the corn.


The 3 meat plate ($15.39). We chose the chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. The meat was very moist. between the 3, my favorite was the pulled pork.

Side-The baked beans weren't anything special. Corn bread, bleh. The sides weren't good.


Service...
Was great, couldn't have been better.

Overall...
I give it a yellow light. All of the sides that we had with our meals weren't very good (red light), which was disappointing.  It's too bad because the meats were great.  If I could, and I can, I give the meatloaf  a green light.  Pat's gets a very colorful rating from me.



Scale Rating Descriptions
Green Light: I'll be coming through all the time, call me a regular, recommend to everyone and all, I"ll crave this place when I'm pregnant, loved it!

Yellow Light: I'll be slow to go through,  I'd go back if someone suggested it,  nothing special, not something I'm going to crave, it was ok.

Red Light: STOP! Don't go, tried it once and that's enough, warn people not to go, thinking about it brings back bad memories, didn't like it.


Pat's Barbecue on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. We definitely lack good BBQ places here in Ca. This place looks so yummy! I wish I lived closer,lol.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award.

    http://mysesameseedbuns.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete